Friday, November 28, 2008

change is in the wind once again

im sitting here just thinking about how many changes are ahead of me in the next few months. change... sometimes its really hard, and sometimes its so easy! but i always think change is worth it.

people change, that is for sure! looking back on the past few years, its interesting to see which relationships and friendships of mine have changed, and which ones have remained. the ones that have changed used to bother me.. i used to be so torn up about lost friends, and friends who just seemed to disappear (sometimes voluntarily) out my life. but now i understand that change is good, and it always brings something new, and for the most part, something better.
but the ones that have remained in my life are the ones that mean the most to me. it is such a comfort and a blessing to know that i will always have my family by my side, no matter how far apart we are. i would not be able to survive without the loving guidance and support of my family, especially my sister. i love you heather! and my friend are also an important and vital part of my life, as most of them eventually become like family to me.

as i get older, ive noticed that i have changed too. after my sister heather (aka my other half) got married, i kind of felt lost for awhile. imagine living for 20 years with someone always with you, and then they get married and move to idaho! dont get me wrong, i was so happy for heather and jess! but i just didnt know what to do with myself for awhile! eventually i began to realize who i really was, and i let my "aly"-ness come out for once, instead of being known as "one of the twins". so, yes that part of my life was very hard, but now i feel like i really know who i am and i feel happy with where i am going.

and where am i going? i graduate from college in december, and im going to party like a rockstar for about a month.. haha. then hopefully i will find a job! i want to find one around the provo/orem area that will help me get my foot in the door of the writing industry. what i mean is, i want to write for a magazine, or newspaper, or even do some marketing. the third week of january i plan on volunteering at the sundance film festival in parkcity, working with the journalists. i am really excited, especially for the passes i will be getting into movies and parties! :)

then i think i have figured out what i want to do this summer! i am really excited for this internship through the company del sol based out of utah. they sell these unique items that change in the sun to tourists in cruise port cities around the world. so basically me and 3 of my girlfriends want to go to the port in kauai, hi or key west, fl or myrtle beach, sc or puerto rico.. and we will live there for 3 months and run a del sol store! the company pays for : the flight to and from the location, housing and utilities, and its a paid internship! so basically you get paid to live in a beautiful port town for 3 months and you get a great job experience as well! cross your fingers i hope it works out!

so my sister had her baby calvin over a week ago.. and it gets me thinking about when im going to have kids. i guess i gotta think about getting married first though.. right? haha.. but honestly, i dont mean to complain about this all the time, but dating in provo SUCKS!!! thats because no one actually dates! so how am i supposed to find the one if i never get asked on a date?? its ridiculous.. i honestly feel like i will have a better chance of finding a decent guy if i leave utah. is that so crazy? maybe i will leave, after this summer, maybe i will find a permanent job somewhere else. not permanent, but more on the long term side... so many changes await me, and no matter how scary they seem, i know they are a necessary part of life. all i gotta say is bring it on life!

4 comments:

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

I love you too! I am so proud of you for graduating since I probably never will! At least mom and dad will be proud of one of us hha!

Brynne said...

That is so awesome. Life is just one big question mark until we live it! Good luck with all your upcoming changes.

David & Amanda said...

Hey girl! your blog is so cute! and i'm so glad i'm not the only one on the band wagon for Twilight! did you see the movie yet? I love that you were Edward. I few girls i work with took the quizz too and they were edward :)

KimWar said...

Aly I loved that you really are such a talented writer. I finally figured out your blog, I'm so lame it took me forever. I'll keep up more!

Kim