Tuesday, November 4, 2008

back and better than ever!

Yes my friends, i have brought my blog back to life! for some reason my old blog (happenings in happy valley) decided to be awesome and give up the ghost and go completely blank. Sooo.. here is my brand new blog! I have decided that I like this title much much better.. so I hope everyone else likes it as well!

Many things have taken place since I have last updated. It is not November, and I am that much closer to being done with college! I feel a mixture of anxiety and excitement as this new chapter in my life begins.. one that I like to call "adulthood". I need to figure out what I'm going to do job wise, and if I'm going to stay in the great state of Utah or move on to new things elsewhere!

My twin sister is about to pop! She is expecting her first child any day now! She is seriously one of the cutest pregnant women I have seen, because she looks like she has swallowed a basketball! (And I mean that in the most loving way Heather!!) (below: heather at her family baby shower thrown by cousin Melissa Shupe!)

As for my social life, I have to admit that I have been having more fun in the past 5 months than I have had in a long time! I absolutely LOVE living in a house with 5 roommates, because we all get along and we all love to party! It has been so much fun getting closer with these girls, and truly finding some of my best friends. Someone told me a long time ago that the friends you make in college will be your friends for life, and I am starting to see that now. Of course Heather is and will always be my best best friend! And I have some great girlfriends from highschool that I keep in contact with and love with all my heart. But these girls I live with and hang out with every single day have come so close to my heart, and I don't know what I would be doing without them! It is so nice to live with 5 other girls who all share the same religious values, and love to have fun just as much as I do. (L to R: Shawna, me, Brittney Jensen, Ericha, Kim, and Brittney Johnson)


This past weekend I went on a road trip down to Las Vegas for Halloween! I drove down with Kim, Brittney Johnson, and our friend Samantha and met up with 20 others at The Venetian Hotel on the strip. This hotel was incredibly beautiful inside, and we had 4 suites on the top floor! It was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in, and it was an incredibly fun weekend! The first night we went to dinner in our costumes, and then went to club Tao located in our hotel. We got ourselves onto the VIP list and partied the night away on the dance floor! We got into the club around 1030 and didn't go up to our rooms until 4 am! I didn't actually crawl into my bed until around 6 am... I don't know how people do this kind of partying every weekend! (The Girls L to R: Janelle, Shawna, Brittney, Stephanie, Sam, Kim, Andrea, me, Veronica, Jenn, Mckell, Stacey Jo)

(Below: All the girls and Jared, Van, and Mike)





(Below Posing outside our suites top: me, Kim, Veronica Bottom:Britt, Sam, Mckell)


(This is the entire crew and I am not going to name everyone! I think we were seriously the only sober people in vegas!!)



(We don't need alcohol to party! We just danced until 4 am on the roof of the club!)



The second day we got up and went to Tao Beach, apparently a really exclusive pool. I was seriously not that impressed.. it was too small, too crowded, and everyone was drinking. But we got in a few good hours in the sun! (we decided to do some pool posing.. these cabanas were awesome!)




That night we got dressed up and went to dinner! It was amazing, and it was free! (well, it was included in our price that we paid for the rooms). (Below: we ordered 4 different desserts to share among us girls because we had money left over.. and it was delicious!)



Then we went to club Jet at The Mirage. Honestly, it was not a very fun club. I was not impressed with it, but at least we got in for free again! (We even sweet talked the manager and got all the guys in for free too!) We danced until the early hours again, and then went back up to the suites to change for bed. Then at 430 am we decided to take an adventure and walk down the strip in search for ice cream! Needless to say an hour later we ended up at Denny's and got some milkshakes. It was so much fun, and it was strange to see the strip completely deserted!
Overall, the trip was one of my favorite trips! My next roadtrip might be in two weeks, to Arizona and Mexico. I say might because I'm not going to go if my sister has not had her nino yet!

4 comments:

C & E said...

I'm glad that your blog is up and running again. I miss you, but it looks like you're having tonz of fun!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

i am glad the nino decided to let you have fun in vegas!

Brynne said...

I love the new blog! Heather does look so cute! Your trip to Vegas looks like it was a blast! You look hot.

Adrienne said...

haha, I did that for Halloween last year. my girlfriend and I dressed like butterflies and went dancing at Tao. We had our butts slapped so many times and got offered sex more than once. But all in all, it was a great time. We enjoyed turning attractive men down.